Essential information for Human Subjects Research Teams Related to COVID-19
As we make decisions on how to respond to the COVID-19 infections we want to begin by stating that our primary concern is the safety of our research participants and the research team members who work for Johns Hopkins University and Health System. Our secondary goal is to preserve the scientific integrity of the research protocols. For the most up-to-date information visit the links below:Essential information for Human Subjects Research Teams Related to COVID-19
For the most up-to-date information visit the links below:
- HUMAN SUBJECT RESEARCH CONTINGENCY PLAN – PHASE 3: Effective 3/22/2020 – IMPORTANT: PLEASE REVIEW. Please click here for the current contingency plan for human subjects research that all JHU researchers must immediately implement as of 3/16/2020.
- Important Announcement from the JHU IRBs related to Coronavirus and Research with Human Participants – Please review this important notice from the JHU IRBs outlining considerations related to Coronavirus and Research with Human Participants. This notice contains information about mandatory screening and developing contingency plans for active research studies.
- COVID-19 FAQs – This page includes frequently asked questions and responses related to COVID-19. Please monitor this page daily for new information.
- JHU COVID-19 Requirements for Visits by External Monitors and Site Initiation Visits – Please review the new requirements related to onsite site initiation visits and visits by external monitors. All such visits must be postponed until at least April 20, 2020.
- JHU Human Subject Research Coronavirus Phased Contingency Plan – Please review the phased contingency plan applicable for all JHU human subjects research.
- Research Participant COVID-19 Risk Information Documents – Please visit this page to download the following IRB-approved documents- 1) An information sheet to be used to communicate risks related to COVID-19 to research participants and 2) Guidelines for communicating study changes related to COVID-19 to research participants.
- Request Form for Continuation of In-Person Research Activities for Tier 2 Studies
- FAQs for Research Participants during the Coronavirus Pandemic (the virus that causes COVID19)
- NIH FAQs Related to COVID-19
Updates from the Homewood IRB Office:
Homewood IRB Staff Working Remotely
The IRB staff are working remotely as of 03/13/2020 and are available during regular business hours. In-person office hours are cancelled until further notice. If you have questions about your research, and you know the staff member you wish to speak with please contact them directly. There is a list of contacts on the IRB website at homewoodirb.jhu.edu/about/contact/ . If you have a general question please send an email to email@example.com or leave a message at 410-516-6580. While working remotely, we will make every effort to respond as quickly as possible.
IRB Office Hours
Effective 03/13/2020 all IRB staff are working remotely and are not available for in-person meetings. If you have a question please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 410-516-6580 and you will receive a response as quickly as possible.